Jump to navigation Jump to search
Thomas Albert Sebeok (born Sebők, November 9, 1920 - December 21, 2001) was an American semiotician and linguist.
- Perspectives in Zoosemiotics, The Hague: Mouton, 1972.
- editor, Native languages of the Americas, vol. 1, New York: Plenum Press, 1976; New York: Springer Science+Business Media, 1976.
- editor, Native languages of the Americas, vol. 2, New York: Plenum Press, 1977; New York: Springer Science+Business Media, 1977.
- editor, How Animals Communicate, Bloomington: Indiana University Press, 1977.
- The Sign & Its Masters, Austin, TX: University of Texas Press, 1979; 2nd ed., "Sources in Semiotics", vol. VIII, Lanham, MD: University Press of America, 1989.
- A sign is just a sign, Bloomington and Indianapolis: Indiana University Press, 1991.
- An Introduction to Semiotics, University of Toronto Press, 1994, reprinted 1999.
- Signs: An Introduction to Semiotics, Second edition, University of Toronto Press, 2001.
- Iris Smith (ed.), Semiotic Signatures. Semiotic and Inquiry and Method by Thomas A. Sebeok, Norman, OK: University of Oklahoma Press, 1991.