Born 1975. Digital alchemist (AKA Zden). Graduated from computer science at Slovak Technical University in Bratislava (2000). His works include computer animations, demos, digital motion video, postproduced photography, digital prints, VJ performances, net.art, and web design. Since 1995 active in demoscene community. In 1998 co-started and curates digital gallery message.sk. In 1999 founded openformat visual/code collective and label Satori. In 1999 and 2000 organized online net.art competition web4096. Co-organized demo parties Demobit. Member of no-such net.art collective. Since 2001 have been developing own visual software synthesizer Circulation. From 2001 to 2005 performed as VJ at FM4 shows in Austria. In 2003 was awarded Honorary Mention at Transmediale festival for video Reality Over. Performed with a number of sound artists including Pomassl, Biosphere, Rehberg & Bauer, Koji Asano, Hiaz, Safety Scissors, Tigrics, Mouse on Mars and others. Since 2006 member of Angakkut. Lives in Bratislava.
- Matej Lauko, "Vídžejing", online interview, 2007. (SK)
- Kumbo, "After-festival interview with VJ Zden", mojMartin.sk, August 2004. (SK)
- Katarína Kasalová, "Trošku sa aj bavím pri primitívnych pokusoch audio + video produkcie", SME, February 2004. (SK)
- Wilsonic, "Zdenova videoprojekcia a festivalové tipy", Interview, SME, October 2003. (SK)
- Oliver Rehák, Dušan Barok, "Zden", Interview. 3/4 revue 15. (SK)
- Xalex, "Zden, demoscene, websites, VJ-ing and related". Interview. epoxid.sk. December 2001. (SK)
- Warped, "Zden/Satori", Interview, March 2001. (EN)
- Dušan Barok, "Zdeno Hlinka", IRC interview (includes overview of artworks), Koridor.sk, February 2001. (SK)
- "users of escena.org: Zden/Satori". Interview, 2000. (EN)
- "|ps| and zden", IRC interview, Demojournal 62, October 1999. (EN)
- "The Evolution of a VJ", Pecha Kucha Trnava 3, March 2012.
- See also