Difference between revisions of "Julietta Singh"
(Created page with "'''Julietta Singh''' (1976) is Associate Professor of English and Women’s, Gender, & Sexuality Studies at the University of Richmond. She works at the intersections of postc...")
Latest revision as of 10:33, 9 June 2019
Julietta Singh (1976) is Associate Professor of English and Women’s, Gender, & Sexuality Studies at the University of Richmond. She works at the intersections of postcolonial studies, feminist and queer theory, and the environmental humanities and is the author of Unthinking Mastery: Dehumanism and Decolonial Entanglements (Duke University Press, 2017) and No Archive Will Restore You (Punctum Books, 2018). Her academic writing has been published in leading cultural theory journals including South Atlantic Quarterly, Cultural Critique, Studies in Gender and Sexuality, Symploke, and the Journal of Postcolonial Writing. Her creative work has appeared in venues such as American Poetry Review, Animal Shelter, Prairie Fire, Social Text, and Women & Performance. (2019)
- Unthinking Mastery: Dehumanism and Decolonial Entanglements, Duke University Press, 2017, xi+201 pp.
- No Archive Will Restore You, Punctum Books, 2018, 114 pp.
- "Between Food and the Body: Sara Suleri's Edible Histories", Journal of Commonwealth and Postcolonial Studies 16:1, Spring 2009, pp 26-44. 
- "The Tail End of Disciplinarity", Journal of Postcolonial Writing 49.4, 2013, pp 470-482.
- "Post-Humanitarian Fictions", Symploke 23:1-2, 2015, pp 137-152. 
- "Gandhi's Animal Experiments", in Cosmopolitan Animals, eds. Kaori Nagai, Karen Jons, Donna Landry, Monica Mattfeld, Caroline Rooney, and Charlotte Sleigh, Palgrave Macmillan, 2015.
- "Future Hospitalities", Cultural Critique 95, Winter 2017, pp 197-218. 
- "Disposable Objects: Ethecology, Waste, and Maternal Afterlives", Studies in Gender and Sexuality 19:1, 2018, pp 48-54.
- "Errands for the Wild", South Atlantic Quarterly 117:3, Jul 2018, pp 567-580. 
- "Dehumanism & Disposability", The Goose 17:1, Sep 2018.
- "Interview for Another World: Julietta Singh", Women & Performance, 22 Oct 2017.
- Daniel Berti, "Unraveling Academia With Queer Punk Feminist Julietta Singh", RVA Mag 35, 14 Jan 2019.