|Lives in||Prague, Czech Republic|
Katarína Gatialová is a cultural manager, curator, artist and graphic designer. She graduated in art history from the Faculty of Arts of Comenius University, Bratislava (MA, Political Poster in Slovakia, 1968-1989, 2009), and in visual communication from the Academy of Fine Arts, Bratislava (BA).
Since July 2017 Katarína has been working as a Section Manager for Non-audiovisual Collections of the National Film Archive in Prague.
Katarína Gatialová worked as head of digitization, new media and IT department of the National Museum in Prague, Czech Republic, from November 2015 till June 2017. Here she dealt with museums' collection data and metadata management, online collection publishing and data aggregation, and the digitization of sound heritage. From 2012-2015 she collaborated with Truc sphérique NGO team in Žilina, Slovakia, as a curator and visual arts programmer at the Plusminusnula gallery, at Nova synagoga and also at Stanica Žilina-Záriečie cultural node, focusing on contemporary and media art. Earlier she worked as a curator of 20th century art at the Olomouc Museum of Art (2010-12) where she launched the Central European Art Database, a project linking digitized collections of the museums and galleries in the Visegrad countries. She was a co-curator of Remake / REthinking Media Art in K(C)ollaborative Environments, an international art project aimed in creation and presentation of new works inspired by the history of media arts (2010-12). Worked also as an editor of Kinečko magazine (2010-2013), where she wrote about media arts, a collaborator of the 13m3 initiative (2007-2011) and a co-organizer of Multiplace festival (2008-2015). She was also a co-founder and curator of Vitrína Deniska gallery in Olomouc.
As an artist Katarína performs solo under the monicker Jano Doe. She founded the bastl duo The Receivers, performing site-specific acts with radio scanners, software-defined radio and DIY modular synthesizer. Katarína is also a member of noise music groups Inocenc, Augiášův sonický chlév and of the Prague-based live-coding open group Kolektiv.
- Politický plagát na Slovensku v rokoch 1968–1989, Bratislava: Comenius University, 2009. Master's thesis. (Slovak)
- co-editor, "Re:make 3/4", 3/4 27-28: Special issue on media art history: Remake, Bratislava: Atrakt Art, 2012. (English)/(Slovak)
- with Barbora Šedivá, "Nové médiá, sociálne akcie a cvičené opice v kolaboratívnom prostredí. Multiplace, Remake", Profil 3, Bratislava, 2012, pp 112-120. (Slovak)
- Articles in Kinečko magazine. (Slovak)
- Jano Doe - Tři kříže (GEN032), music video by Martin Blažíček, 2019
- Duranzie, debut solo album, Genot Centre & Meteorismo labels, Dec 2018
- Jano Doe in Echo Viktora Paláka, talk on Radio Wave, Nov 2018
- Jano Doe in Echo Pavla Klusáka, talk & live set on Radio Wave, Oct 2018
- Vizitka, talk about her work and music in Czech Radio Vltava (Czech/Slovak), May 2018
- Jano Doe Soundcloud
- Jano Doe live @ Punctum, Mar 2018
- Jano Doe live @ Punctum, Dec 2016
- Face of Power, video lecture, 2010.