Ken Friedman (19 September 1949, New London, Connecticut) is Chair Professor of Design Innovation Studies at Tongji University College of Design and Innovation and Eminent Scholar at the University of Cincinnati College of Design, Art, Architecture, and Planning. He is Professor Emeritus at Swinburne University of Technology in Melbourne, Australia, where he formerly served as Dean of the Faculty of Design. Friedman is editor-in-chief of She Ji: The Journal of Design, Economics, and Innovation published by Elsevier in cooperation with Tongji University Press. He is co-editor of the Design Thinking, Design Theory book series from The MIT Press.
Friedman works at the intersection of design, management, and art. His research focuses on strategic design and value creation for economic innovation. Friedman has done research in theory construction, research methodology, philosophy of design, doctoral education in design, knowledge management, and philosophy of science. He has done design policy studies for Australia, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Norway, and Wales. In 2007, Loughborough University awarded him the degree of Doctor of Science, honoris causa, for outstanding contributions to design research.
Ken Friedman is an artist and designer active in the international laboratory of art, design, music, and architecture known as Fluxus. He had his first solo exhibition in New York in 1966. His work is represented in museums and galleries around the world, including the Museum of Modern Art and the Guggenheim Museum in New York, the Tate Gallery in London, the Hood Museum of Art at Dartmouth College, and Stadtsgalerie Stuttgart.
The University of Iowa Alternative Traditions in the Contemporary Arts is the official repository of Friedman’s papers and research notes. The Silverman Fluxus Collection at the Museum of Modern Art, Archiv Sohm at Stadtsgalerie Stuttgart and the Mandeville Department of Special Collections at the University of California hold extensive archives on Friedman’s work of the 1960s and 1970s. (2019)
- Chronology of Fluxus West, 1966-1970, 1970, 9 pp.
- "Flowing in Omaha", Art and Artists, London, August 1973.
- "Mail Art History" The Fluxus Factor", Flue 4:3-4 (Winter 1984), pp 18-24.
- editor, The Fluxus Reader, Academy Editions, 1998.
- with Lily Díaz, "Intermedia, Multimedia and Media", in Adaptation and Convergence of Media, eds. Lily Díaz, Magda Dragu, and Leena Eilittä, Espoo: Aalto University, 2018, pp 26-60. 
- Jon Hendricks, "Ken Friedman", in Fluxus Codex, Detroit: Gilbert and Lila Silverman Fluxus Collection, and New York: Harry N. Abrams, 1988, pp 251-258.
- Peter Frank, "Ken Friedman: A Life in Fluxus", in Artistic Bedfellows: Histories, Theories, and Conversations in Collaborative Art Practices, ed. Holly Crawford, Lanham, MD: University Press of America, 2008, pp 145-186.
- Omaha Flow Systems exhibition, 1972.