(Redirected from Aaaaarg.org)Jump to navigation Jump to search
AAAAARG (originally AAARG, the acronym of Artists, Architects, and Activists Reading Group ) is an online text repository. It was created by the artist Sean Dockray and serves as a library for The Public School, a framework supporting autodidact activities. Aaaaarg has grown into a community of researchers and enthusiasts from contemporary art, critical theory, philosophy, and related fields who maintain, catalog, annotate and run discussions relevant to their research interests.
- There is nothing less passive than the act of fleeing..., itinerant seminar organised by Sean Dockray, Caleb Waldorf and Fiona Whitton, Berlin, 4-18 July 2010. 
- AAAARG Library, a site-specific installation, in conjunction with the the fifth annual NY Art Book Fair, Fall 2010.
Essays, interviews and statements
- Julian Myers, "Four Dialogues 2: On AAAARG", Open Space blog, San Francisco: SFMOMA, 26 Aug 2009.
- Morgan Currie, "Small is Beautiful: a discussion with AAAARG architect Sean Dockray", Masters of Media blog, University of Amsterdam, 5 Jan 2010.
- Kevin von Duuglas-Ittu, "The AAAARG.org Discussion of the Macmillan Threat", Mitochondrial Vertigo blog, Apr 2010.
- Randall Szott, "Sean Dockray Interview", 127 Prince, 4 Oct 2010.
- Marcus Boon, "Uploading My Book to AAAAARG.ORG", In Praise of Copying blog, 15 Oct 2010.
- Matthew Fuller, "In the Paradise of Too Many Books: An Interview with Sean Dockray", Mute, London, 4 May 2011.
- Jeff Khonsary, "Browsing the AAAARG Library", Fillip 13 (Spring 2011).
- [Federico Campagna], "Interview with AAAAARG.org", in We Have Our Own Concept of Time and Motion, eds. Auto Italia, 2011, pp 17-18, ARG. 
- "Partials That Can Circulate. Sean Dockray, Founder of Aaarg.org Interviewed by Charles Stankievitch", in Ex Libris: Commonplace Books, Berlin: K. Verlag, 2013, pp 1-2, ARG. Conducted via email in Jul/Aug 2013. 
- Sean Dockray, "Openings and Closings", in Contestations: Learning From Critical Experiments in Education, eds. Tim Ivison and Tom Vandeputte, Bedford Press, 2013. Commentary by Jacqueline Bell.
- Jodi Dean, Sean Dockray, Alessandro Ludovico, Pauline van Mourik, Broekman, Nicholas Thoburn and Dmitry Vilensky, "Materialities of Independent Publishing: A Conversation with AAAAARG, Chto Delat?, I Cite, Mute, and Neural", New Formations 78 (Aug 2013), pp 157-178.
- Cornelia Sollfrank, "Expanded Appropriation", video interview with Sean Dockray including transcription and introduction, part of Giving What You Don't Have 2013.
- Pelle Snickars, "Publikationshack", in Universitetet som medium, eds. Matts Lindström and Adam Wickberg Månsson, Stockholm: Mediehistoriskt arkiv, 2015, pp 9-46. (Swedish)
- Sean Dockray, Lawrence Liang, "Sharing Instinct: An Annotation of the Social Contract Through Shadow Libraries", e-flux journal 56th Venice Biennale, 14 Aug 2015. (English)
- Jonathan Basile, "Who"s Afraid of AAARG?", Guernica, 25 Aug 2016. (English)
- Danny Butt, Scott McQuire, Nikos Papastergiadis, "Platforms and Public Participation", Continuum, 2016, pp 1-10. (English)
- Charles Stankievech, "Letter to the Superior Court of Quebec Regarding Arg.org", in Fantasies of the Library, eds. Anna-Sophie Springer and Etienne Turpin, MIT Press, 2016, pp 98-110. (English)
- Cornelia Sollfrank, Felix Stalder, "The Practice of Sharing Knowledge, Interview with Sean Dockray", Mar 2019, 28 min. Video. Conducted Oct 2017 at HEK, Zurich. Part of the Creating Commons project. (English)