Andrew Goffey is an author and theorist, based in Nottingham, UK. He works in the Centre for Critical Theory and Cultural Studies in the Department of Culture, Film and Media at the University of Nottingham. He writes in the space between philosophy, science and culture, and is the author, together with Matthew Fuller, of Evil Media (MIT Press, 2012).
- with Matthew Fuller, Evil Media, MIT Press, 2012, 235 pp.
Papers, book chapters
- "Mens Sana in Corpore Sano (or, Keep Taking the Tablets)", Mute 24, 10 May 2002; repr. in Proud to be Flesh: A Mute Magazine Anthology of Cultural Politics After the Net, eds. Josephine Berry Slater, et al., London: Mute, 2009, pp 143-149.
- "Reclaiming Experience: 'Thinking with Whitehead' as an Affair of Active Experimentation", Process Studies 37:2, 2008, pp 140-163. 
- "Algorithm", in Software Studies: A Lexicon, ed. Matthew Fuller, MIT Press, 2008, pp 15-20.
- "Intelligence", in Software Studies: A Lexicon, ed. Matthew Fuller, MIT Press, 2008, pp 132-142.
- "Abstract Experience", Theory, Culture and Society 25:4, 2008, pp 15-30.
- "Heterogenesis and the Problems of Metaphysics in Deleuze and Whitehead", in Deleuze, Whitehead, Bergson: Rhizomatic Connections, ed. Keith Robinson, Palgrave MacMillan, 2008.
- with Matthew Fuller, "Towards an Evil Media Studies", in The Spam Book, eds. Jussi Parikka and Tony Sampson, Hampton Press, 2009, pp 141-159. Written Mar 2007.
- with Matthew Fuller, "On the Usefulness of Anxiety: Two Evil Media Stratagems", in Sarai Reader 08: Fear, eds. Monica Narula, et al., Delhi: Centre for the Study of Developing Societies, 2010, pp 156-163.
- "Introduction: On the Witch's Broomstick", in Capitalist Sorcery: Breaking the Spell, eds. Philippe Pignarre and Isabelle Stengers, Palgrave Macmillan, 2011.
- with Matthew Fuller, "Digital Infrastructures and the Machinery of Topological Abstraction", Theory, Culture and Society 29:4-5, 2012, pp 311-333.
- with Matthew Fuller, "The Unknown Objects of Object Orientation", in Objects and Materials: A Routledge Companion, eds. Penny Harvey, et al., Routledge, 2014, pp 218-227. 
- with Lynne Pettinger and Ewen Speed, "Politics, Policy and Privatisation in the Everyday Experience of Big Data in the NHS", in Big Data? Qualitative Approaches to Digital Research, Emerald Insight, 2014, pp 31-50.
- with Lynne Pettinger, "Refrains and Assemblages: Exploring Market Negotiations and Green Subjectivity with Guattari", Subjectivity 7:4, 2014, pp 385-410.
- with Ewen Speed and Lynne Pettinger, "Implausible Promises: The Information Revolution in the NHS", Soundings 57, 2014, pp 106-117. 
- "Philosophical Experimentation between Deleuze and Guattari", in The Allure of Things: Object and Process in Contemporary Philosophy, eds. Andrew Goffey and Roland Faber, Bloomsbury, 2014.
- "Thinking Things, or Some Themes in Philosophy after Correlationism", in The Allure of Things: Object and Process in Contemporary Philosophy, eds. Andrew Goffey and Roland Faber, Bloomsbury, 2014.
- "Technology, Logistics and Logic: Rethinking the Problem of Fun in Software", in Fun and Software: Exploring Pleasure, Paradox and Pain in Computing, ed. Olga Goriunova, Bloomsbury, 2014, pp 21-40.
- with Jeremy Gilbert, "Control Societies: Notes for an Introduction", New Formations, 2015, pp 5-19.
- "Towards a Rhizomatic Technical History of Control", New Formations, 2015, pp 58-73. 
- "Introduction to Guattari on Transdisciplinarity", Theory, Culture, and Society, 32:5/6, 2015, pp 125-130.
- "Guattari, Transversality and the Experimental Semiotics of Untranslatability", Paragraph 38:2, 2015, pp 231-244.
- "Homo Immunologicus: On the Limits of Critique", Medical Humanities, 2015, pp 8-13.
- "Guattari and Transversality: Institutions, Analysis and Experimentation", Radical Philosophy, 2016, pp 38-47.
- "Machinic Operations. Data Structuring, Healthcare and Governmentality", in Infrastructures and Social Complexity: A Companion Routledge, eds. Penny Harvey, Casper Bruun Jensen and Atsuro Morita, 2016, pp 366-378. 
- with Matthew Fuller, Adrian Mackenzie, Richard Mills, and Stuart Sharples, "Big Diff, Granularity, Incoherence, and Production in the Github Software Repository", in Memory in Motion: Archives, Technology, and the Social eds. Ina Blom, Trond Lundemo and Eivind Røssaak, Amsterdam: University of Amsterdam, 2016, pp 87-101.
- editor, Fibreculture 4: "Contagion and the Diseases of Information", 2005.
- editor, with Éric Alliez, The Guattari Effect, Continuum, 2011, 224 pp.
- editor, with Roland Faber, The Allure of Things: Object and Process in Contemporary Philosophy, Bloomsbury, 2014.
- Philippe Pignarre, Isabelle Stengers (eds.), Capitalist Sorcery: Breaking the Spell, Palgrave Macmillan, 2011, 224 pp.
- Félix Guattari, Schizoanalytic Cartographies, New York: Continuum, 2012, xxiii+296 pp.
- Félix Guattari, "Transdisciplinarity Must Become Transversality", Theory, Culture, and Society, 32:5/6, 2015, pp 131-137.
- Isabelle Stengers, In Catastrophic Times: Resisting the Coming Barbarism, Open Humanities Press, and Lüneburg: meson, 2015, 156 pp.
- Félix Guattari, Lines of Flight: For Another World of Possibilities, trans. Andrew Goffey, Bloomsbury, 2015, ARG.  (English)