Carl Van Vechten
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Carl Van Vechten (17 June 1880 – 21 December 1964) was an American writer and photographer who was a patron of the Harlem Renaissance and the literary executor of Gertrude Stein.
- Music After the Great War, 1915.
- Music and Bad Manners, 1916.
- Interpreters and Interpretations, 1917.
- The Music of Spain, 1918.
- Sacred and Profane Memories, 1932.
- Emily Bernard, Carl Van Vechten & The Harlem Renaissance: A Portrait in Black & White, New Haven & London: Yale University Press, 2012.
- Patricia Allmer, John Sears (eds.), 4 Saints in 3 Acts: A Snapshot of the American Avant-garde in the 1930s, Manchester University Press, 2017, 200 pp. Exhibition held Oct 2017-Feb 2018. Curators' introduction.