Jump to navigation Jump to search
David Macey (5 October 1949 – 7 October 2011) was an English translator and intellectual historian of the French left. He translated books from French to English, and wrote biographical studies of Jacques Lacan, Michel Foucault and Frantz Fanon.
- Lacan in Contexts, London: Verso, 1988.
- The Lives of Michel Foucault, London: Hutchinson, 1993, xxiii+599 pp; New York: Vintage, 1993; new ed., afterw. Stuart Elden, London: Verso, 2019, xxi+613 pp. Publisher.
- Las vidas de Michel Foucault, intro. Manuel Garrido, trans. Carmen Martínez Gimeno, Madrid: Cátedra, 1995, 617 pp. (Spanish)
- Introduction to The four fundamental concepts of psycho-analysis by Jacques Lacan, Harmondsworth: Penguin, 1994.
- Frantz Fanon: A Life, London: Picador, 2000; 2nd. as Frantz Fanon: A Biography, London: Verso, 2012, xxii+639 pp.
- The Penguin Dictionary of Critical Theory, London: Penguin, 2000.
- Obituary: Neil Belton and Peter Osborne (Radical Philosophy).