Jean Fisher (1942-2016) was a UK-based art critic whose research explored colonialism in Ireland, Native America, the Black Atlantic and Palestine. She was a regular contributor to Artforum International, and was editor of Third Text from 1992 to 1999.
- Vampire in the Text: Selected Essays on Contemporary Art, pref. Cuauhtémoc Medina, London: inIVA, 2003. Assembles many of the essays published before 2000.
- editor, Jimmie Durham, A Certain Lack of Coherence: Writings on Art and Cultural Politics, London: Kala Press, 1993, 255 pp. Selection of the artist’s study papers, commentaries, poetry and essays.
- editor, Global Visions: Towards a New Internationalism in the Visual Arts, pref. Jean Fisher, London: Kala Press, and London: inIVA, 1994. Proceedings of a symposium organised by Third Text and Iniva at the Tate Gallery, exploring the meaning and significance of internationalism in art, curatorial and critical practices.
- editor, Lee Ufan, Selected Writings, 1970-1996, intro. Jean Fisher, London: Lisson Gallery, 1996.
- editor, Re-Verberations: Tactics of Resistance, Forms of Agency in Trans/cultural Practices, Maastricht: Jan van Eyck Publications, 2000. The book derives from a symposium organised by Jean Fisher at the Akademie, combining students and invited speakers, exploring trans/cultural artistic and critical practices using the metaphor of the trickster.
- editor, with Gerardo Mosquera, Over Here: Issues of Contemporary Global Art, intro. Gerardo Mosquera and Jean Fisher, MIT Press, 2004. An anthology of writings exploring the critical, curatorial and aesthetic discourses on globalisation from the perspective of practitioners living and working outside the western metropolises.
- editor, Jimmie Durham, Richard W. Hill, The American West, Compton Verney, 2005. Catalogue.
- editor, James Coleman, catalogue raisonné, Madrid: Nacional Centro de Arte Reina Sofía, 2012.
- editor, Jimmie Durham, Waiting to be Interrupted, intro. Jean Fisher, Antwerp: M KHA, 2012. Selection of essays and poems.
- editor, The Triumph of Icarus: Writings on the Work of Rasheed Araeen, intro. Jean Fisher, Karachi: Millennium Media, 2014.