Max Herman Maxy

From Monoskop
Jump to: navigation, search

Max Herman Maxy (1895-1971), studied painting in Bucharest under Ressu and Iser, then in Berlin under Segal. In Berlin he exhibited with the Novembergruppe. On his return to Romania he became one of the leading members of the Avant Garde, introducing Cubism and organizing with Marcel Janco, Victor Brauner and Michailescu the exhibitions of the Contimporanul group in 1924 and in the 1930s. At the same time Maxy was editor of Integral and the organizer of the Group of New Art. He co-founded and taught at the Academy of Modern Decorative Arts in Bucharest 1924-1928. Maxy's house in Bucharest was famous for literary readings, lectures and socio-political debates. [1]

See also[edit]

Links[edit]