Polish Radio Experimental Studio
Thanks to state-of-the-art technology and two qualified, experienced engineers, the Studio could meet the needs of composers representing various backgrounds, encouraging research into tape music in particular. Nevertheless, the Studio was not devoted exclusively to producing independent electroacoustic pieces, but was also used to create musical »illustrations« for movies, radio and television. In fact, creating incidental music, as well as what today we would call sound designing for various media, was officially one of the Studio’s main tasks. More then 200 autonomous compositions produced. Several hundreds titles for film, theatre, TV, radio and various exhibitions came out from the Studio.
The Studio was a space for meetings between engineers, such as Eugeniusz Rudnik, Bohdan Mazurek, Barbara Okoń-Makowska, Wojciech Makowski, Ewa Guziołek-Tubelewicz, Tadeusz Sudnik, Krzysztof Szlifirski and the composers. Among the members of the latter we should note: Włodzimierz Kotoński, Krzysztof Penderecki, Bogusław Schaeffer, Elżbieta Sikora, Krzysztof Knittel, Hugh Davies, Arne Nordheim, Kare Kolberg, Lejaren Hiller, Roland Kayn and Dubravko Detoni.
Subsequently, the Studio was expected to develop into an interdisciplinary institute of new media. The members of the PRES continually attempted to spread and promote new forms of music, organizing lectures, producing series of radio broadcasts and publishing papers on the subject. It became a laboratory also for visual artists and designers such as Oskar and Zofia Hansen]], Krzysztof Wodiczko, Kazimierz Urbański and Józef Robakowski. 
- PRES Revisited: Lecture/ Presentation/ Concerts, NK, Berlin, 13 Dec 2011.
- PRES: the Conference, Muzeum Sztuki in Łódź, 13-14 Oct 2017. 
- Through the Soundproof Curtain. The Polish Radio Experimental Studio, ZKM | Center for Art and Media, Karlsruhe, 14 Jul 2018 – 06 Jan 2019. 
- Monika Pasiecznik, "A History of Electroacoustic Music in Poland from the Perspective of the Polish Radio Experimental Studio 1957-1990", in Anthology of Experimental Music Cultures in Central and Eastern Europe 1950-2010, eds. Carsten Seiffarth, Carsten Stabenow, and Golo Föllmer, Saarbrücken: PFAU, 2012. (English)/(German)/(Polish)
- Studio eksperyment: Leksykon. Zbiór tekstów, Warsaw: The Bęc Zmiana Foundation, 2012. (Polish)   (English texts)
- Magdalena Moskalewicz, Daniel Muzyczuk (eds.), "Polish Radio Experimental Studio: A Close Look", post, New York: MoMA, Dec 2013. Special section. (English)
- Ultra Sounds: The Sonic Art of Polish Radio Experimental Studio, ed. David Crowley, Heidelberg: Kehrer, and Karlsruhe: ZKM Center for Art and Media, 2019, 336 pp. Publisher. Publisher.  . Reviews: Christoffel (Critique d'art), Abushenko (MEDIENwissenschaft). (English)