(Redirected from Series:Early cinema)Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Iris: A Journal of Theory on Image and Sound 2(1): "Archives, Document, Fiction: Film Before 1907", 1984, 152 pp. Contributions by André Gaudreault, Jon Gartenberg, Patrick G. Laughney, Thomas Guillaudeau, Charles Musser, André Gaudreault, Roland Cosandey, Barry Salt, Jean Mottet, Tom Gunning, Noël Burch, and Marguerite Engberg. (French),(English)
- Maite Conde, Foundational Films: Early Cinema and Modernity in Brazil, University of California Press, 2018, 310 pp, ARG.
- Who's Who of Victorian Cinema, a guide to over 300 leading figures in Victorian cinema, defined as filmmaking in its broadest sense from the first glimmerings in the 1870s to the death of Queen Victoria in January 1901. Maintained by Stephen Herbert and Luke McKernan.
- Women Film Pioneers Project by Jane Gaines and Michelle Koerner.
- The Richard Balzer Collection: Phenakistascopes, Thaumatropes, Zoetropes, etc.
- A selection of Phenakistascope and Zoetrope strips converted to animated GIFs
communities of practice in film and video