|Based in||Athens, Greece|
Maria Karagianni (Μαρία Καραγιάννη, 1979, Athens) studied photography and graphic arts at the Fine Arts School of Athens and holds a Masters in media design from the Piet Zwart Institute in Rotterdam (2008). She creates software and hardware tools for interactive projects and works as a freelance web designer and developer using free and open source software. Maria has collaborated with choreographer Thomas Körtvélyessy and composer Sjoerd Leijten to reflect on authorship and open/closed structures in dance and sound composition with the use of notations and code. She has also given lectures about the complexities of copyright licensing. She is a member of the Genderchangers and Media Liberation Front/Feminism collectives which have organized workshops and events about media and public space. She lived in Rotterdam, Brussels, Paris, now she is based back in Athens.
- Propaganda Machine
- Notations Under Provisions
- Content removed / Walls installed
- dance and sound performances
- "Software As Dispute Resolution System: Design, Effect and Cultural Monetization", Computational Culture 7, Oct 2019.
- Tunnel Up / Tunnel Down: A Zine About Private Virtual Networks, 2019.
- Psaroskala Zines