Hans Arp, Hans Richter and Tristan Tzara in Zurich, 1917.
September 16, 1886|
Strasbourg, German Empire
June 7, 1966 (aged 79)|
|Web||UbuWeb Sound, Dada Companion, Wikipedia|
Hans Arp, or Jean Arp (1886–1966) was a German-French, or Alsatian, sculptor, painter, poet and abstract artist in other media such as torn and pasted paper. Arp was a founding member of the Dada movement in Zürich in 1916.
- On My Way: Poetry and Essays, 1912-1947, ed. Robert Motherwell, New York: Wittenborn, Schultz, 1948. (English)
- Unsern täglichen Traum. Erinnerungen, Dichtungen und Betrachtungen aus den Jahren 1914-1954, Zürich: Die Arche, 1955; 1995. (German)
- Jours Effeuillés, Paris: Gallimard, 1966. (French)
- Arp on Arp: Poems, Essays, Memories, ed. Marcel Jean, New York: Viking Press, 1972. Based on the 1966 collection in French. (English)
- Dadaland. Iz dnevnika jednog dadaiste, trans. Aleksa Golijanin, anarhija/blok 45, 2013, 62 pp. (Croatian)