Yuk Hui is a philosopher from Hong Kong. Hui studied computer engineering, cultural theory and philosophy at the University of Hong Kong and Goldsmiths College in London, with a focus on philosophy of technology. He is associate professor in philosophy of technology and media at the School of Creative Media, City University of Hong Kong. He taught at the Faculty of Media, Bauhaus University in Weimar, and at the Institute for Philosophy and Art, Leuphana University between 2012 and 2019. Since 2015 he is visiting professor of philosophy and technology at the China Academy of Art. Earlier he was postdoctoral researcher at the Institute for Research and Innovation of the Centre Pompidou in Paris, Center for Digital Cultures at the Leuphana University as well as visiting scientist at the T-Labs Berlin. He is member of the Centre international des études simondoniennes (MSH Paris Nord).
- On the Existence of Digital Objects, pref. Bernard Stiegler, University of Minnesota Press, 2016, ARG. Publisher. Review: Larivière (Parrhesia).
- 论数码物的存在, trans. 李婉楠, Shanghai: Shanghai People's Publishing House, 2019, 305 pp. (Chinese)
- The Question Concerning Technology in China: An Essay in Cosmotechnics, Falmouth: Urbanomic, 2017, ARG. Publisher.
- 중국에서의 기술에 관한 물음, trans. Hyung-Joon Jo, 새물결, 2019, 400 pp. (Korean)
- Die Frage nach der Technik in China. Ein Essay über die Kosmotechnik, trans. David Frühauf, Berlin: Matthes und Seitz, 2020, 280 pp. (German)
- Recursivity and Contingency, London: Rowman and Littlefield, 2019, ARG. Publisher.
- Rekursivnost i kontingentnost [Рекурсивность и контингентность], trans. Dmitry Kralechkin, Moscow: V-A-C Press, 2020, 400 pp. Publisher. (Russian)
- 递归与偶然, trans. 苏子滢, Shanghai: East China Normal University Press, 2020, 387 pp. (Chinese)
- Fragmentar el Futuro. Ensayos sobre tecnodiversidad, Buenos Aires: Caja Negra, 2020, 192pp. Publisher.(Spanish)
- Art and Cosmotechnics, University of Minnesota Press, 2020, 240 pp. Publisher.
- editor, with Andreas Broeckmann, 30 Years After Les Immatériaux: Art, Science and Theory, Lüneburg: meson, 2015, 245 pp.
- editor, with Pieter Lemmens, Angelaki Journal of Theoretical Humanities, vol.25. no.4, 2020.
Papers, book chapters
- "What is a Digital Object?", Metaphilosophy 43, eds. A. Monnin and H. Halpin, Jul 2012, pp 380-395.  
- "Technological System and the Problem of Desymbolisation: on Ellul and Simondon", in Jacques Ellul and the Technological Society in the 21st Century, eds. H.M. Jerónimo et al., Springer, Jul 2013, pp 73-82.
- with Harry Halpin, "Collective Individuation: The Future of the Social Web", in Unlike Us Reader: Social Media Monopolies and Their Alternatives, eds. Geert Lovink and Miriam Rasch, Amsterdam: Institute of Network Cultures, 2013, pp 103-116.
- "Deduktion, Induktion und Transduktion. Über Medienästhetik und digitale Objekte", Zeitschrift für Medienwissenschaft 8, diaphanes, Apr 2013.  (German)
- "Induction, Deduction and Transduction: On the Aesthetics and Logic of Digital Objects", Networking Knowledge 8:3, Jun 2015. 
- "Modulation after Control", New Formations 84-85, Special Issue on Societies of Control, Winter 2014 / Summer 2015, pp 74-91. 
- "Form and Relation: Materialism on an Uncanny Stage", Intellectica 61, Jul 2014, pp 105-121.  
- "Einige Fragen, das Verhältnis von Materie und Relation betreffend", Zeitschrift für Medienwissenschaft 12, diaphanes, 2015, pp 165-170. (German)
- "Algorithmic Catastrophe - the Revenge of Contingency", Parrhesia 23, 2015, pp 122-143.
- "Simondon et la Question de l'information", Cahiers Simondon 6, ed. Jean-Hugues Barthélémy, 2015, pp 29-47. (French)
- "Anamnesis and Re-Orientation: a Discourse on Matter and Time", in 30 Years after Les Immatériaux, ed. Yuk Hui and Andreas Broeckmann, Lüneburg: meson, pp 179-201.
- "A Contribution to the Political Economy of Personal Archives", in Compromised Data: From Social Media to Big Data, eds. Greg Elmer, Ganaele Langlois and Joanna Redden, Bloomsbury, 2015, pp 226-246.
- "Towards a Relational Materialism. A Reflection on Language, Relations and the Digital", Digital Culture and Society 1, eds. Ramón Reichert and Annika Richterich, Oct 2015, pp 131-147. 
- "The Parallax of Individuation: Simondon and Schelling", Angelaki 21(4): Nature, Speculation and the Return to Schelling, eds. Tyler Tritten and Daniel Whistler, 2016, pp 77-89. 
- "Qu'est-ce que la « marge d'indétermination »?", Implications Philosophiques, Nov 2016. (French)
- "On the Synthesis of Social Memories", in Memory in Motion: Archives, Technology, and the Social eds. Ina Blom, Trond Lundemo and Eivind Røssaak, Amsterdam: University of Amsterdam, 2016, pp 307-325.
- "On a Possible Passing from the Digital to the Symbolic", in 2 or 3 Tigers, eds. Anselm Franke and Hyunjin Kim, Berlin: Haus der Kulturen der Welt, 2017. Video. 
- with Pieter Lemmens, "Apocalypse Now! Peter Sloterdijk and Bernard Stiegler on the Anthropocene", boundary2, 16 Jan 2017.
- "Rhythm and Technics: On Heidegger’s Commentary on Rimbaud", Research in Phenomenology 47:1, Brill, Mar 2017, pp 60-84.
- On Cosmotechnics: For a Renewed Relation between Technology and Nature in the Anthropocene, Techné: Research in Philosophy and Technology, 21:2–3 (2017), 1–23.
- A Politics of Intensity : some Aspects of Acceleration in Simondon and Deleuze (with Louis Morelle), Deleuze Studies, Volume 11, Issue 4, 498-517.
- Archives of the Future - Remarks on the Concept of Tertiary Protention, Inscription (Gutenberg: Landsarkivet i Göteborg, 2018), 129-151.
- On the Soul of Technical Objects – Commentary on Simondon’s ‘Technics and Eschatology’ (1972)”, Theory, Culture and Society, Vol 35 no.6,97-111
- Anders, Simondon and the Becoming of the Posthuman, in Post/Humanism and Classical Literature, ed. Giulia Maria Chesi and Francesca Spiegel, (London: Bloomsbury, October 2019), 49-58
- For a Cosmotechnical Event. In honour of Don Ihde and Bernard Stiegler, in Reimagining Philosophy and Technology, Reinventing Ihde, ed. Glen Miller and Ashley Shew (Dordrecht: Springer, forthcoming 2020)
- Writing and Cosmotechnics, Derrida Today, Vol 13 Issue 1 (May 2020)
- "On the Unhappy Consciousness of Neoreactionaries", e-flux 81, Apr 2017.
- Cosmotechnics as Cosmopolitics, E-flux #86, November 2017
- What Begins after the End of the Enlightenment, E-flux #96, January 2019
- One Hundred Years of Crisis, E-flux #108, April 2020
- Hui's writings on Aaaaarg
- "Geert Lovink in conversation with Yuk Hui: Digital Objects and Metadata Schemes", e-flux 78, Dec 2016.
- Jordan Skinner, "HKRB Interviews: Yuk Hui", Hong Kong Review of Books, 8 Jun 2017.
- "For a Philosophy of Technology in China. Geert Lovink interviews Yuk Hui", parrhesia 27, 2017, pp 48-63.
- Geert Lovink, "Cybernetics for the Twenty-First Century: An Interview with Philosopher Yuk Hui", e-flux 102, Sep 2019.