Yuk Hui studied computer engineering, cultural theory and philosophy at the University of Hong Kong and Goldsmiths College in London, with a focus on philosophy of technology. He teaches at the Institute for Philosophy and Art at the Leuphana University in Germany and at the China Academy of Art. Previous to that, he was postdoctoral researcher at the Institute for Research and Innovation of the Centre Pompidou in Paris, Center for Digital Cultures at the Leuphana University as well as visiting scientist at the T-Labs Berlin. He is member of the Centre international des études simondoniennes (MSH Paris Nord).
- On the Existence of Digital Objects, pref. Bernard Stiegler, University of Minnesota Press, 2016, ARG. Review: Larivière (Parrhesia).
- The Question Concerning Technology in China: An Essay in Cosmotechnics, Falmouth: Urbanomic, 2017, ARG. 
- Recursivity and Contingency, London: Rowman and Littlefield, 2019. 
- editor, with Andreas Broeckmann, 30 Years After Les Immatériaux: Art, Science and Theory, Lüneburg: meson, 2015, 245 pp.
Papers, book chapters
- "The New Politics of the New Media", in The Digitized Imagination: Encounters with the Virtual World, ed. N. Rajan, Routledge, 2008, pp 90-101.
- "A Phenomenological Inquiry on the Emergence of Digital Things", in What Does a Chameleon Look Like? Topographies of Immersion, eds. A. Schwinghammer and K. Menrath, Cologne: Herbert von Halem Verlag, 2010, pp 338-351.
- "Computational Turn or a new Weltbild?", Junctures 13, Dec 2010, pp 41-51.
- "What is a Digital Object?", Metaphilosophy 43, eds. A. Monnin and H. Halpin, Jul 2012, pp 380-395.  
- "Technological System and the Problem of Desymbolisation: on Ellul and Simondon", in Jacques Ellul and the Technological Society in the 21st Century, eds. H.M. Jerónimo et al., Springer, Jul 2013, pp 73-82.
- with Harry Halpin, "Collective Individuation: The Future of the Social Web", in Unlike Us Reader: Social Media Monopolies and Their Alternatives, eds. Geert Lovink and Miriam Rasch, Amsterdam: Institute of Network Cultures, 2013, pp 103-116.
- "Deduktion, Induktion und Transduktion. Über Medienästhetik und digitale Objekte", Zeitschrift für Medienwissenschaft 8, diaphanes, Apr 2013.  (German)
- "Induction, Deduction and Transduction: On the Aesthetics and Logic of Digital Objects", Networking Knowledge 8:3, Jun 2015. 
- "Objects of Art after Duchamp: On Creativity and Gentrification", La Deleuziana 0, 2014, pp 171-179.
- "Modulation after Control", New Formations 84-85, Special Issue on Societies of Control, Winter 2014 / Summer 2015, pp 74-91. 
- "Form and Relation: Materialism on an Uncanny Stage", Intellectica 61, Jul 2014, pp 105-121.  
- "Einige Fragen, das Verhältnis von Materie und Relation betreffend", Zeitschrift für Medienwissenschaft 12, diaphanes, 2015, pp 165-170. (German)
- "Algorithmic Catastrophe - the Revenge of Contingency", Parrhesia 23, 2015, pp 122-143.
- "Simondon et la Question de l'information", Cahiers Simondon 6, ed. Jean-Hugues Barthélémy, 2015, pp 29-47. (French)
- "Anamnesis and Re-Orientation: a Discourse on Matter and Time", in 30 Years after Les Immatériaux, ed. Yuk Hui and Andreas Broeckmann, Lüneburg: meson, pp 179-201.
- "A Contribution to the Political Economy of Personal Archives", in Compromised Data: From Social Media to Big Data, eds. Greg Elmer, Ganaele Langlois and Joanna Redden, Bloomsbury, 2015, pp 226-246.
- "Towards a Relational Materialism. A Reflection on Language, Relations and the Digital", Digital Culture and Society 1, eds. Ramón Reichert and Annika Richterich, Oct 2015, pp 131-147. 
- "The Parallax of Individuation: Simondon and Schelling", Angelaki 21(4): Nature, Speculation and the Return to Schelling, eds. Tyler Tritten and Daniel Whistler, 2016, pp 77-89. 
- "Qu'est-ce que la « marge d'indétermination »?", Implications Philosophiques, Nov 2016. (French)
- "On the Synthesis of Social Memories", in Memory in Motion: Archives, Technology, and the Social eds. Ina Blom, Trond Lundemo and Eivind Røssaak, Amsterdam: University of Amsterdam, 2016, pp 307-325.
- with Pieter Lemmens, "Apocalypse Now! Peter Sloterdijk and Bernard Stiegler on the Anthropocene", boundary2, 16 Jan 2017.
- "Rhythm and Technics: On Heidegger’s Commentary on Rimbaud", Research in Phenomenology 47:1, Brill, Mar 2017, pp 60-84.
- "On the Unhappy Consciousness of Neoreactionaries", e-flux 81, Apr 2017.
- "On a Possible Passing from the Digital to the Symbolic", in 2 or 3 Tigers, eds. Anselm Franke and Hyunjin Kim, Berlin: Haus der Kulturen der Welt, 2017. Video. 
- Hui's writings on Aaaaarg
- "Geert Lovink in conversation with Yuk Hui: Digital Objects and Metadata Schemes", e-flux 78, Dec 2016.
- Jordan Skinner, "HKRB Interviews: Yuk Hui", Hong Kong Review of Books, 8 Jun 2017.
- "For a Philosophy of Technology in China. Geert Lovink interviews Yuk Hui", parrhesia 27, 2017, pp 48-63.