Yuk Hui is a philosopher from Hong Kong. Hui studied Computer Engineering at the University of Hong Kong, wrote his PhD thesis under the French philosopher Bernard Stiegler (1952-2020) at the Goldsmiths College in London and completed his Habilitation in philosophy of technology at the Leuphana University in Lüneburg. Earlier he was postdoctoral researcher at the Institute for Research and Innovation of the Centre Pompidou in Paris, Center for Digital Cultures at the Leuphana University, visiting scientist at the T-Labs Berlin and member of the Centre international des études simondoniennes (MSH Paris Nord). He has been teaching at the Leuphana University, Bauhaus University, China Academy of Art and the City University of Hong Kong. He is the initiator and convenor of the Research Network for Philosophy and Technology, and a juror of the Berggruen Prize for Philosophy and Culture.
- On the Existence of Digital Objects, pref. Bernard Stiegler, University of Minnesota Press, 2016, xiii+314 pp, ARG. Publisher. Review: Larivière (Parrhesia).
- Lun shu ma wu de cun zai [论数码物的存在], trans. Wannan Li (李婉楠), Shanghai: Shanghai People's Publishing House, 2019, 305 pp. (Chinese)
- 디지털적 대상의 존재에 대하여, trans. 조형준, 이철규, 임완철, Seoul: 새물결, 2021, 464 pp. (Korean)
- The Question Concerning Technology in China: An Essay in Cosmotechnics, Falmouth: Urbanomic, 2017, ARG. Publisher.
- 중국에서의 기술에 관한 물음, trans. Hyung-Joon Jo, 새물결, 2019, 400 pp. (Korean)
- Die Frage nach der Technik in China. Ein Essay über die Kosmotechnik, trans. David Frühauf, Berlin: Matthes und Seitz, 2020, 280 pp. (German)
- La Question de la technique en Chine, pref. Junius Frey, trans. Alex Taillard, Paris: Éditions Divergences, 2021, 332 pp. (French)
- Cosmotecnica. La Question della Tecnologia in Cina, trans. Sara Baranzoni, Rome: Produzioni Nero, 2021, 288 pp. (Italian)
- 论中国的技术问题—宇宙技术初论, trans. 卢睿洋, 苏子滢, Hangzhou: China Academy of Art Press, 2021, 304 pp. (Chinese)
- Recursivity and Contingency, London: Rowman and Littlefield, 2019, ARG. Publisher.
- Rekursivnost i kontingentnost [Рекурсивность и контингентность], trans. Dmitry Kralechkin, Moscow: V-A-C Press, 2020, 400 pp. Publisher. (Russian)
- 递归与偶然, trans. 苏子滢, Shanghai: East China Normal University Press, 2020, 387 pp. (Chinese)
- Fragmentar el futuro: ensayos sobre tecnodiversidad, Buenos Aires: Caja Negra, 2020, 192 pp. Publisher. (Spanish)
- Tecnodiversidade, trans. Humberto do Amaral, Sao Paolo: Ubu, 2021, 224 pp. (Brazilian Portuguese)
- Art and Cosmotechnics, University of Minnesota Press, 2021, 318 pp. Publisher.
- editor, with Andreas Broeckmann, 30 Years After Les Immatériaux: Art, Science and Theory, Lüneburg: meson, 2015, 245 pp.
- editor, with Pieter Lemmens, Angelaki Journal of Theoretical Humanities 25(4): "Cosmotechnics", 2020. 
- editor, with Pieter Lemmens, Cosmotechnics: For a Renewed Concept of Technology in the Anthropocene, London: Routledge, 2021, 164 pp. 
- editor, Philosophy Today 65(2): "Philosophy after Automation", Spring 2021. 
- Philosophy after Automation? Philosophy Today, Vol.65 Issue 2 (2021), 217-233
- On the Limit of Artificial Intelligence, Philosophy Today, Vol.65 Issue 2 (2021)
- On the Persistence of the Non-modern, Afterall, Issue 51 (Spring/Summer 2021)
- This Strange Being called the Cosmos Foundations of Science, Volume 26, Issue 1 (Spring 2021)
- For a Cosmotechnical Event, Foundations of Science, Volume 26, Issue 1 (Spring 2021)
- Philosophy and the Planetary, Philosophy Today, Vol. 64 Issue 4 (2020), 865-869
- Machine and Ecology, Angelaki, Special Issue on Cosmotechnics, Vol 25 Issue 4(August 2020), 54-66
- Writing and Cosmotechnics, Derrida Today, Vol 13 Issue 1 (May 2020), 17-32
- On the Soul of Technical Objects – Commentary on Simondon’s ‘Technics and Eschatology’ (1972)”, Theory, Culture and Society, Vol 35 no.6 (2018), 97-111
- Rhythm and Technics - on Heidegger's commentary on Rimbaud, Research in Phenomenology, Vol.47 (2017), 60–84
- On Cosmotechnics: For a Renewed Relation between Technology and Nature in the Anthropocene, Techné: Research in Philosophy and Technology, 21:2–3 (2017), 1–23
- Reframing the Technosphere: Peter Sloterdijk and Bernard Stiegler’s Anthropotechnological Diagnoses of the Anthropocene (with Pieter Lemmens), Krisis Journal for Contemporary Philosophy, 2017 Issue 2, 25-40.
- A Politics of Intensity : some Aspects of Acceleration in Simondon and Deleuze (with Louis Morelle), Deleuze Studies, Volume 11, Issue 4 (2017) 498-517
- Qu’est-ce que la « marge d’indétermination »?, Implications Philosophiques, Dossier "Technique et technoscience après Simondon", ed. Jean-Hughes Barthélémy, 2016
- L’exposition comme médium. Quelques observations sur la cybernétisation de l’institution et de l’exposition (with Adeena Mey), Appareil, No.18 (2017) Art et médium 2 : les média dans l'art
- The Parallax of Individuation: Simondon and Schelling, Angelaki, Vol.21 No.4 (2016), 77-89
- Algorithmic Catastrophe - the Revenge of Contingency, Parrhesia a Journal of Critical Philosophy, No.23, November 2015, 122-143
- Modulation after Control, New Formations, 84-85, Special Issue on Societies of Control, 2015, 74-91
- Simondon et la Question de l'information, Cahiers Simondon, ed. Jean-Hugues Barthélémy (Feburary, 2015), 29-47
- Deduktion, Induktion und Transduktion - über Medienästhetik und digitale Objekte, Zeitschrift für Medienwissenschaft, Heft 8(April,2013), 101-115.
- What is a Digital Object?, Metaphilosophy, Vol. 43, No. 4, Special issue on Philosophy of the Web, edited by A. Monnin and H. Halpin, (July 2012), 380-395
- Computational Turn or a New Weltbild?, Junctures: The Journal for Thematic Dialogue, No. 13, 2010, edited by Susan Ballard, 41-51
- Hui's writings on Aaaaarg
- "Geert Lovink in conversation with Yuk Hui: Digital Objects and Metadata Schemes", e-flux 78, Dec 2016.
- Jordan Skinner, "HKRB Interviews: Yuk Hui", Hong Kong Review of Books, 8 Jun 2017.
- "For a Philosophy of Technology in China. Geert Lovink interviews Yuk Hui", parrhesia 27, 2017, pp 48-63.
- Geert Lovink, "Cybernetics for the Twenty-First Century: An Interview with Philosopher Yuk Hui", e-flux 102, Sep 2019.