Yuk Hui studied computer engineering, cultural theory and philosophy at the University of Hong Kong and Goldsmiths College in London, with a focus on philosophy of technology. He is currently researcher of the DFG project "Technoecologies of Participation: New Perspectives from Media Philosophy and Anthropology" at the ICAM of Leuphana University Lüneburg, where he also teaches philosophy of technology and philosophy of culture at the Institute of Philosophy; previous to that, he was postdoctoral researcher at the Institute for Research and Innovation of the Centre Pompidou in Paris as well as visiting scientist at the T-Labs Berlin. He is member of the Centre international des études simondoniennes (MSH Paris Nord).
- On the Existence of Digital Objects, pref. Bernard Stiegler, University of Minnesota Press, 2016. Review: Larivière (Parrhesia).
- The Question Concerning Technology in China: An Essay in Cosmotechnics, Falmouth: Urbanomic, 2017. 
- editor, with Andreas Broeckmann, 30 Years After Les Immatériaux: Art, Science and Theory, Lüneburg: meson, 2015, 245 pp.
Papers, book chapters
- "The New Politics of the New Media", in The Digitized Imagination: Encounters with the Virtual World, ed. N. Rajan, Routledge, 2008, pp 90-101.
- "A Phenomenological Inquiry on the Emergence of Digital Things", in What Does a Chameleon Look Like? Topographies of Immersion, eds. A. Schwinghammer and K. Menrath, Cologne: Herbert von Halem Verlag, 2010, pp 338-351.
- "Computational Turn or a new Weltbild?", Junctures 13, Dec 2010, pp 41-51.
- "What is a Digital Object?", Metaphilosophy 43, eds. A. Monnin and H. Halpin, Jul 2012, pp 380-395.  
- "Technological System and the Problem of Desymbolisation: on Ellul and Simondon", in Jacques Ellul and the Technological Society in the 21st Century, eds. H.M. Jerónimo et al., Springer, Jul 2013, pp 73-82.
- with Harry Halpin, "Collective Individuation: The Future of the Social Web", in Unlike Us Reader: Social Media Monopolies and Their Alternatives, eds. Geert Lovink and Miriam Rasch, Amsterdam: Institute of Network Cultures, 2013, pp 103-116.
- "Deduktion, Induktion und Transduktion. Über Medienästhetik und digitale Objekte", Zeitschrift für Medienwissenschaft 8, diaphanes, Apr 2013.  (German)
- "Induction, Deduction and Transduction: On the Aesthetics and Logic of Digital Objects", Networking Knowledge 8:3, Jun 2015. 
- "Objects of Art after Duchamp: On Creativity and Gentrification", La Deleuziana 0, 2014, pp 171-179.
- "Modulation after Control", New Formations 84-85, Special Issue on Societies of Control, Winter 2014 / Summer 2015, pp 74-91. 
- "Form and Relation: Materialism on an Uncanny Stage", Intellectica 61, Jul 2014, pp 105-121.  
- "Einige Fragen, das Verhältnis von Materie und Relation betreffend", Zeitschrift für Medienwissenschaft 12, diaphanes, 2015, pp 165-170. (German)
- "Algorithmic Catastrophe - the Revenge of Contingency", Parrhesia 23, 2015, pp 122-143.
- "Simondon et la Question de l'information", Cahiers Simondon 6, ed. Jean-Hugues Barthélémy, 2015, pp 29-47. (French)
- "Anamnesis and Re-Orientation: a Discourse on Matter and Time", in 30 Years after Les Immatériaux, ed. Yuk Hui and Andreas Broeckmann, Lüneburg: meson, pp 179-201.
- "A Contribution to the Political Economy of Personal Archives", in Compromised Data: From Social Media to Big Data, eds. Greg Elmer, Ganaele Langlois and Joanna Redden, Bloomsbury, 2015, pp 226-246.
- "Towards a Relational Materialism. A Reflection on Language, Relations and the Digital", Digital Culture and Society 1, eds. Ramón Reichert and Annika Richterich, Oct 2015, pp 131-147. 
- "The Parallax of Individuation: Simondon and Schelling", Angelaki 21(4): Nature, Speculation and the Return to Schelling, eds. Tyler Tritten and Daniel Whistler, 2016, pp 77-89. 
- "Qu'est-ce que la « marge d'indétermination »?", Implications Philosophiques, Nov 2016. (French)
- "On the Synthesis of Social Memories", in Memory in Motion: Archives, Technology, and the Social eds. Ina Blom, Trond Lundemo and Eivind Røssaak, Amsterdam: University of Amsterdam, 2016, pp 307-325.
- with Pieter Lemmens, "Apocalypse Now! Peter Sloterdijk and Bernard Stiegler on the Anthropocene", boundary2, 16 Jan 2017.
- "Rhythm and Technics: On Heidegger’s Commentary on Rimbaud", Research in Phenomenology 47:1, Brill, Mar 2017, pp 60-84.
- "On the Unhappy Consciousness of Neoreactionaries", e-flux 81, Apr 2017.
- "On a Possible Passing from the Digital to the Symbolic", in 2 or 3 Tigers, eds. Anselm Franke and Hyunjin Kim, Berlin: Haus der Kulturen der Welt, 2017. Video. 
- Hui's writings on Aaaaarg
- "Geert Lovink in conversation with Yuk Hui: Digital Objects and Metadata Schemes", e-flux 78, Dec 2016.
- Jordan Skinner, "HKRB Interviews: Yuk Hui", Hong Kong Review of Books, 8 Jun 2017.
- "For a Philosophy of Technology in China. Geert Lovink interviews Yuk Hui", parrhesia 27, 2017, pp 48-63.