Jump to navigation Jump to search
Revision as of 16:44, 15 November 2019 by Dusan (Text replacement - "http://www.dada-companion.com" to "http://web.archive.org/web/20190419232052/http://www.dada-companion.com")
May 24, 1895|
April 21, 1984 (aged 88)|
Tel Aviv, Israel
|Web||Dada Companion, International Dada Archive, Wikipedia, Wikipedia-RO|
Marcel Janco (Marcel Hermann Iancu; last name also Ianco, Janko or Jancu) was a Romanian and Israeli visual artist, architect and art theorist. He was the co-inventor of Dada and a leading exponent of Constructivism in Eastern Europe.
- Germany – Dada, an Alphabet of German Dadaism, dir. Helmut Herbst, 1968.
- Şi s-au dus ca vântul..., dir. Radu Gabrea and Costel Safirman, Romania, 2010. A documentary about the Baraseum Theater. 
- Centenar Marcel Iancu: Arhitect, artist plastic, teoretician, Bucharest: Muzeul Național de Artă, 1997. (Romanian)
- Harry Seiwert, Marcel Janco: Dadaist, zeitgenosse, wohltemperierter morgenländischer Konstruktivist, Frankfurt am Main: Lang, 1993. (German)
- Urban route. Marcel Iancu – The beginnings of modern architecture in Bucharest, 1929-1938, a city map.
- Marcel Iancu at J-Art
- http://exhibitions.europeana.eu/exhibits/show/dada-to-surrealism-en/jhm-zurich/marcel-janco, http://exhibitions.europeana.eu/exhibits/show/dada-to-surrealism-en/jhm-bucharest/marcel-janco, http://exhibitions.europeana.eu/exhibits/show/dada-to-surrealism-en/jhm-1930s/marcel-janco