Community and Resources
- Xerox music: UK DIY and cassette culture, 1977-84, a discussion group, facilitated by Andy Broome and Dan Palmer.
- CassetteCulture.net, started by Kevin Thorne and Mike Honeycutt in 2005.
- The Living Archive of Underground Music, by Don Campau.
- Scans of various zines and catalogues by Hal McGee, hosted on Internet Archive.
- Robin James, Cassette Mythos, Autonomedia, 1990, 206 pp.    Accompanying CD in MP3
- Charles Hirschkind, The Ethical Soundscape: Cassette Sermons and Islamic Counterpublics, Columbia University Press, 2006, 288 pp. 
- Thomas Bey William Bailey, Unofficial Release: Self-Released And Handmade Audio In Post-Industrial Society, Belsona Books Ltd., 2012.
- Articles, theses, papers
- Rasmus Fleischer, "Kassettband och kassettersättning", 2005. (Swedish)
- Don Campau, "A brief history of cassette culture", The Living Archive of Underground Music, 2009.
- Ian Matthew Staub, Redubbing the Underground: Cassette Culture in Transition, Wesleyan University, 2010.
- Jude Rogers, "Total rewind: 10 key moments in the life of the cassette", The Observer, 30 August 2013.
- Christian Ulrik Andersen, Søren Bro Pold, "Ten Theses on Cassette Tapes, History, and Interface Criticism", post-digital-research blog, 30 September 2013.
- Cassette culture at Wikipedia
- Grindstone Redux, film about the underground music scene of the 1980s, dir. Andrew Szava-Kovats, 2009.
| Sound and Music
movements and cultures
Radio art, Pirate radio, Electroacoustic music, Computer music, Field recording, Noise, Cassette culture, Zine culture, Max/MSP, Pure Data, SuperCollider, Net radio, Live coding.