Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Stanislav Abrahám
- Rinus van Alebeek
- Angus Carlyle
- Peter Cusack
- Das Kleine Field Recordings
- Lloyd Dunn
- Felicity Ford
- Jez riley French
- Jonáš Gruska
- John Grzinich
- Derek Holzer
- Hugh Tracey
- Aernoudt Jacobs
- Bethan Kellough
- Jiyeon Kim
- Michal Kindernay
- Daniel Kordík
- Cathy Lane
- Signe Lidén
- Kajsa Lindgren
- Edwin Lo
- Mikel R. Nieto
- Alberto Novello
- Lasse-Marc Riek
- Andrius Rugys
- Søs Gunver Ryberg
- Toshiya Tsunoda
- Miloš Vojtěchovský
- Chris Watson
- Jana Winderen
- Aaron Ximm
- radio aporee ::: soundmap, a growing global archive of geo-bound recordings, reflecting the complexity of our sonic environments, as well as the different perception and artistic perspectives of its many contributors, in relation to sound, space and places.
- Peter Cusack's sound database.
- Favourite Sounds of Prague, an open, collaborative, online community dedicated to fieldrecording, urbanism, phonography and psychogeography of Prague.
- The Sound of the Netherlands, a sound archive available from the Netherlands Institute for Sound and Vision; contains over 10.000 sound recordings from the 1950s to the 1990s.
- nula.cc, a series of filecasts, each consisting of an assemblage of sounds, images, or words.
- Sounds of Europe, a platform for field recording.
- Listen to the World: Online Soundscapes, exhibition of online sound projects.
- Sound Localities, a project that explores the experience of sound in the city and its relationship a specific regional and cultural space through field recordings and interviews with artists, individuals and organisations in 7 cities around the world.
- Sonic Field
- Bernie L. Krause, "The Niche Hypothesis: How Animals Taught Us to Dance and Sing", n.d. First appeared as "Bioacoustics, Habitat Ambience in Ecological Balance", in Whole Earth Review 57 (Winter 1987).
- Rene van Peer, "Nature on Record: Part One", 1995.
- Cathy Lane, Angus Carlyle, In the Field: Art of Field Recording, Uniformbooks, 2013. Conversations with Andrea Polli, Annea Lockwood, Antye Greie, Budhaditya Chattopadhyay, Christina Kubisch, Davide Tidoni, Felicity Ford, Francisco López, Hildegard Westerkamp, Hiroki Sasajima, Ian Rawes, Jana Winderen, Jez Riley French, Lasse-Marc Riek, Manuela Barile, Peter Cusack, Steven Feld and Viv Corringham.  
- An Antidote to Indifference 8: Special Issue on Field Recording, ed. Cheryl Tipp, 2013. Features by Felicity Ford, Elin Øyen Vister, Daniela Cascella, La Cosa Preziosa and Amy Liptrot. 
- Salomé Voegelin, "Collateral Damage", The Wire 364, Jun 2014.
- Stephen Benson, Will Montgomery (eds.), Writing the Field Recording: Sound, Word, Environment, Edinburgh University Press, 2018, viii+279 pp.
- Joeri Bruyninckx, Listening in the Field: Recording and the Science of Birdsong, MIT Press, 2018, 256 pp. Publisher.
- Mark Peter Wright, Listening After Nature: Field Recording, Ecology, Critical Practice, Bloomsbury, 2022, 224 pp. Publisher.
|Sound and Music
communities of practice
Radio art, Pirate radio, Community radio, Electroacoustic music, Computer music, Field recording, Noise, Cassette culture, Zine culture, Max/MSP, Pure Data, SuperCollider, Net radio, Live coding.