UbuWeb is the most significant and largest online archive of avant-garde art; it was initiated and is led by conceptual artist Kenneth Goldsmith. UbuWeb has grown into a relevant and recognized critical institution of contemporary art. Artists want to see their work in its catalog and thus agree to a relationship with UbuWeb that has no formal contractual obligations.
Essays, statements, interviews
- Kenneth Goldsmith, "If We Had To Ask for Permission, We Wouldn't Exist: An Open Letter to the Frameworks Community", 18 Oct 2010.
- Kenneth Goldsmith, "About UbuWeb", UbuWeb, 2011.
- Kenneth Goldsmith, "UbuWeb at 15 Years: An Overview", Poetry Foundation, 26 Apr 2011; version on UbuWeb, 2011.
- Kenneth Goldsmith, "Paradise Now: UbuWeb's World Without Copyright", 17 Mar 2012. Keynote speech given at Matadero Madrid. (English), (Spanish)
- "Memorabilia. Collecting Sounds with.. Kenneth Goldsmith", MACBA, 20 Apr 2012. Audio recording of the lecture.
- Kenneth Goldsmith, "Copyright Is Over – If You Want It (Guest Post)", Billboard, 15 Jul 2014.
- Miloš Vojtěchovský, "Jánošík online archivů. UbuWeb – autorské právo a poetická (an)architektura", A2 12 (2010).  (Czech)
- Agnès Peller, Kenneth Goldsmith's UbuWeb. An Artist's Contribution to the Digital Humanities, trans. Francesca Simkin, Paris: University of Paris 3-Sorbonne Nouvelle, 2015, 108 pp. Revised master's thesis.
- Daniel Snelson, "'Ever the Avant-Garde of the Avant-Garde till Heaven and After': UbuWeb from Film to Database", ch 4 in Snelson, Variable Format: Media Poetics and the Little Database, University of Pennsylvania, 2015, pp 133-179. PhD dissertation. 
- Nick Thurston, "Happy Birthday Ubu. Twenty years of sharing", Frieze, 26 Oct 2016.
- "Happy birthday, Ubu.com!", Custodians.online, 30 Nov 2016.