- Nijhoff, Van Ostaijen, "De Stijl": Modernism in the Netherlands and Belgium in the First Quarter of the 20th Century, ed. & intro. Francis Bulhof, The Hague: Nijhoff, 1976, 136 pp. (English)
- Paul de Mol, Nelly Voorhuis (eds.), Het Experiment in de Nederlandse Film, Amsterdam: Stedelijk Museum Amsterdam, 1985. Catalogue. (Dutch)
- Anna Abrahams, Mariska Graveland, Erwin van 't Hart, Peter van Hoof, MM2. Experimental film in the Netherlands since 1960, Amsterdam: Filmbank & De Balie, 2004, 286 pp. 
- Anna Abrahams, Claartje Opdam, Mariska Graveland, film3 [‘kju:bIk fIlm], Amsterdam: EYE Film Institute Netherlands & Amsterdam University Press, 2010, 390 pp. Catalogue. (in English/Dutch)  
- Arie Altena (ed.), The Anthology of Computer Art: Sonic Acts XI 2006, 2006.  interview
- Darko Fritz, "Mapping the Beginning of computer-generated art in the Netherlands", paper presented at Rewire conference, 2011. 
- Sebastián López, A Short History of Dutch Video Art/ Una Breve Historia del Video Arte en Holanda, Amsterdam: Gate Foundation, and Rotterdam: episode publishers, 2005. ISBN: 90-5973-031-3.  (English)/(Spanish)
Electroacoustic and electronic music
- The Ear Reader, a web magazine for contemporary composition based in the Netherlands, *2010.
- Releases and literature
- F. C. Weiland, Elektronische Muziek. Muzikale en historische aspecten, 1982/2008. (Dutch)
- Popular Electronics: Early Dutch electronic music from Philips Research Laboratories, 1956-1963, Basta 3091412, 2004, 4 CDs and 7 booklets.  "Outline of Dutch electro-acoustic music" by Jacqueline Oskamp
- Hannah Bosma, "Documentation and publication of electroacoustic compositions at NEAR", 2005.
- Hannah Bosma, "Extended Score Documentation", 2006.
- Hannah Bosma, "Documentation of interdisciplinary electroacoustic music: Drive and Native Tongue", 2007.
- Jacqueline Oskamp, Onder stroom - Geschiedenis van de elektronische muziek in Nederland, 2011. 
- Anthology of Dutch Electronic Music, 1999-2010, Muziek Centrum Nederland & Basta Music, 2011. Book and 2CD. 
- Basta Music releases, selected tracks
- Kees Tazelaar, On the Threshold of Beauty: Philips and the Origins of Dutch Electronic Music 1925-1965, Rotterdam: V2_, 2013, 368 pp.  
- Robert Adlington, Composing Dissent: Avant-garde Music in 1960s Amsterdam, Oxford University Press, 2013, 368 pp.  
New media art, Media culture
- Geert Lovink. "Organizing Independant Media Spaces - Theory and Praxis from Amsterdam", lecture presented at Interstanding conference, Nov 1995, Tallinn. 
- Virtueel Platform, Mapping Mediafestivals in the Netherlands, 2012. Dutch edition
- Virtueel Platform, Mapping Nederland Labland, 2012. (Dutch) 
- Sanneke Huisman, Marga van Mechelen (eds.), A Critical History of Media Art in the Netherlands: Platforms, Policies, Technologies, Prinsenbeek: Jap Sam Books, 2019, 368 pp. 
- Media Art Platform (MAP) is a social networking website for media art professionals and enthusiasts, initiative of the Netherlands Media Art Institute. 
- The Dutch Thing. A directory service for artists and their organisations. The dutch Thing maps content and context into simple lists and messages. The original site was launched in 1996.
avant-garde, modernism and after
Albania, Argentina, Armenia, Australia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Belgium, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Brazil, Bulgaria, Central and Eastern Europe, Chile, China, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Egypt, Estonia, Finland, France, Georgia, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, India, Indonesia, Iran, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Kazakhstan, Kosova, Latvia, Lebanon, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macedonia, Malta, Mexico, Moldova, Montenegro, Netherlands, Norway, Pakistan, Peru, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, Serbia, Spain, Slovenia, Slovakia, South Korea, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, Ukraine, United Kingdom, United States