Internet of things
Pachube, Arduino, RFID, ubicomp, dynamic environments, hybrid architecture, sensors, smart buildings, everyware, Extended Environments Markup Language (EEML), spimes (Sterling's term for for 'space-time objects'), wrangling (Sterling's term for being actively and productively engaged and responsible in the development of spimed environments), interactive design, urban computing, situated technologies, wearable computing
- Georg Flachbart, Peter Weibel (eds.), Disappearing Architecture: From Real to Virtual to Quantum, 2005.
- The Situated Technologies Pamphlet Series (2007-2009)
- Adam Greenfield, Mark Shepard, Situated Technologies Pamphlet 1: Urban Computing and its Discontents, 2007.
- Matthew Fuller, Usman Haque, Situated Technologies Pamphlet 2: Urban Versioning System 1.0, 2008.
- Situated Technologies Pamphlet 3: Situated Advocacy, 2008.
- Philip Beesley, Omar Khan, Situated Technologies Pamphlet 4: Responsive Architecture / Performing Instruments.
- Christa Sommerer, Lakhmi C. Jain, Laurent Mignonneau (eds.), The Art and Science of Interface and Interaction Design, 2008.
- Tish Shute, "Pachube, Patching the Planet: Interview with Usman Haque", 2009.
- Bruce Sterling, The Epic Struggle of the Internet of Things, Moscow: Strelka Press, 2014.
- Nitesh Dhanjani, Abusing the Internet of Things: Blackouts, Freakouts, and Stakeouts, O’Reilly Media, 2015.
- Samuel Greengard, The Internet of Things, MIT Press, 2015.
- Philip N. Howard, Pax Technica: How the Internet of Things May Set Us Free Or Lock Us up, Yale University Press, 2015.
- Benjamin H. Bratton, The Stack: On Software and Sovereignty, MIT Press, 2016, xx+502 pp.
communities of practice
Art and technology centres,