A resource on Fediverse, federated networks, mesh networks, distributed web, alternative internet, decentralisation.
- Beaker, an experimental browser with a p2p protocol, *2016.
- Conversations, an open source XMPP/Jabber client for Android, *2014.
- Dat, a peer-to-peer protocol, a project for distributed data synchronization, *2013.
- Diaspora, a self-hosted social networking service, *2010.
- Hubzilla, a communication platform. Review.
- Mastodon, a self-hosted social networking service, *2016.
- Scuttlebutt, a decentralised secure gossip platform.
- YaCy, a distributed search engine, *2016.
Resources, art projects
- Alternative Internet, a collection of networks, tools and devices aiming at decentralisation.
- Distributed Web of Care, an art project by Taeyoon Choi.
- P2P Forever, by Laurel Schwulst.
- Dat Zine Library, by Zach Manderville.
- Founder Interviews, video interviews with developers of decentralization projects, by Irina Bolychevsky, 2013ff.
- The Alternative Internet(s) – State of the Art and the Possible Future, workshop, London School of Economics, London, 15-16 Sep 2014.
- Redecentralize Conference - Taking Back the Net, unconference, London, 17-18 Oct 2015. Organised by Irina Bolychevsky, a.o. Report.
- Radical Networks conference, Integrated Digital Media at Magnet NYU, Brooklyn, NY, 24-25 Oct 2015. Organised by Sarah Grant, Erica Kermani, and Amelia Marzec, in partnership with Eyebeam.
- Decentralized Web Summit, Internet Archive, San Francisco, 7-9 Jun 2016.
- Radical Networks conference, Chem Creative, Brooklyn, NY, 4-6 Nov 2016. Organised by Sarah Grant, Erica Kermani, and Amelia Marzec, in partnership with Eyebeam. Second edition. Exhibition photographs.
- Our Networks, conference, Claude T. Bissell building, Toronto, 14 Jan 2017. First edition.
- Radical Networks conference, Chem Creative, Brooklyn, NY, 19-22 Oct 2017. Organised by Sarah Grant and Erica Kermani. Third edition.
- Peer-to-Peer Web NYC, School for Poetic Computation, New York, 26 May 2018. Presented by New Computer Working Group.  
- Our Networks: State of Our Networks: Beyond DIY: Do It With Others, Mozilla Community Space, Toronto, 13-18 Jul 2018. Second edition.
- Decentralized Web Summit 2018: Global Visions / Working Code, annual conference, Internet Archive, San Francisco, 31 Jul-2 Aug 2018. Second edition.
- Local Area Network, InterAccess, Toronto, Aug 2018.
- Radical Networks conference, Spektrum, Berlin, 19-21 Oct 2018. Organised by Sarah Grant and Erica Kermani. Fourth edition.
- Redecentralize Party, Newspeak House, London, 29 Oct 2018. Organised by Irina Bolychevsky.
- Networks with an Attitude, worksession, Antwerp, 7-13 Apr 2019. Developed by Constant in collaboration with ooooo, Varia and amongst others Samenschool, City harbour, Wireless Antwerp.
- DWeb Camp, Pescadaro, CA, 18-21 Jul 2019. Interview. Report. 
- Our Networks: RE: Infrastructures of, Toronto Media Arts Centre, Toronto, 20-22 Sep 2019. Third edition.
- Darius Kazemi, "Run your own social: How to run a small social network site for your friends", 8 Jul 2019.
- Pervasive Labour Union 13: "Fed Up!", ed. Lídia Pereira, Rotterdam, Sep 2019,  pp, PDF.
- Networks Of Ones Own 1: "Etherbox", eds. Michael Murtaugh, An Mertens, Roel Roscam Abbing, and Femke Snelting, Brussels: Constant, Sep 2019. (English)
- Networks Of Ones Own 2: "Three Takes on Taking Care", Rotterdam: Varia, Oct 2019. (English)
communities of practice
Internet of things,