- Zwart Magazine, , Manifesto, 2012.
- RCP-ML2K-PDF: a PDF webzine by A. Bill Miller and Brandon Bauer.
- Zine Camp, WORM, Rotterdam, 24-25 May 2014, 2015, 2016.
- Amsterdam Zine Jam, Felix Meritis Building, Amsterdam, 4 Oct 2014. 
- Alles behalve de inhoud #5: Zines, Leeszaal West, Rotterdam, 3 Apr 2017.
- Bob Black, Beneath the Underground, Portland, OR: Feral House, 1994, x+190 pp, IA.
- Counter Intelligence: Zines, Comics, Pamphlets, Flyers: Catalogue of Self-Published and Autonomous Print-Creations: Articles! Reviews! Contacts!, eds. Jason Skeet and Mark Pawson, London: 121 Centre, 1995, 24 pp. Catalogue of an exhibition held throughout Oct 1994 at 121 Centre, Brixton, South London.
- Stephen Duncombe, Notes from Underground: Zines and the Politics of Alternative Culture, London: Verso, 1997; repr., Bloomington, IN: Microcosm Publishing, 2008, 256 pp.
- V. Vale (ed.), Zines! Vol.1, RE/Search Publications, 1999, 169 pp.  
- V. Vale (ed.), Zines! Vol.2, RE/Search Publications, 1996, 137 pp. 
- Alison Piepmeier, Girl Zines: Making Media, Doing Feminism, forew. Andi Zeisler, NYU Press, 2009, 264 pp. 
- Kate Eichhorn, The Archival Turn in Feminism: Outrage in Order, Philadelphia: Temple University Press, 2013, xii+188 pp.
- Kate Eichhorn, Adjusted Margin. Xerography, Art, and Activism in the Late Twentieth Century, MIT Press, 2016, 216 pp. . Review: Mosher (Leonardo).
- "Zinedepo Manifesto of Radical Zineculture", Arnhem, n.d.
- Jan-Frederik Bandel, Annette Gilbert, Tania Prill (eds.), Under the Radar: Underground Zines and Self-Publications, 1965-1975, Spector Books, 2017, 368 pp. 
- ZineWiki, an open-source encyclopedia devoted to zines and independent media. It covers the history, production, distribution and culture of the small press.
- Artzines.info, a database for zines self-published by contemporary artists.
- Artzines.net, a blog on artzines and art books operated by Moritz Grünke.
- Independent Voices: An Open Access Collection of an Alternative Press, US periodicals and serials from the 1960s-80s.
- Solidarity! Revolutionary Center and Radical Library, zine collection online.
- Deutschsprachige Punkzines, 1977-1984.
- ZineDepo, a library with more than 1000 international zines collected over a period of 25 years, Arnhem/NL.
- Lisa Gitelman: Amateurdom and Its Discontents, Or, What Is a Zine?, keynote talk for the June 2013 Symposium on Emerging Genres, Forms, Narratives—in New Media Environments. Held by the North Carolina State University program in Communication, Rhetoric, and Digital Media.
| Artists' cultures
or, sets of techniques and practices bringing together communities of artists, makers and writers
Avant-garde and modernist magazines, Artists' publishing, Graphic design, Photography, Typewriter art, Multimedia environments, Design research, Video activism, Urban practices, Zine culture, Demoscene, VJing, Live cinema, Media labs, Cyberfeminism, Community television, Hacktivism, Art servers, Hackerspaces, CD-ROM art, Circuit bending, Pure Data, Media archives, VVVV, Maker culture, Glitch art, 3D printing, Live coding, Locative media, Libre graphics, Electromagnetism, Surf clubs, DIY biology, Post-digital, Neural aesthetics.