(Redirected from Typewriter)Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Julius Nelson, Artyping, Gregg Publishing, 1940; 2nd ed., Baltimore, MD: Artistic Typing Headquarters, 1962; 3rd ed, Baltimore, MD: Artistic Typing Headquarters, 1974.
- Alan Riddell (ed.), Typewriter Art, London: London Magazine Editions, 1975, 157 pp.
- Bob Neill, Book of Typewriter Art (with special computer program), Cornwall: Weavers Press, 1982, 176 pp.
- Barrie Tullett (ed.), Typewriter Art: A Modern Anthology, Laurence King, 2014, 176 pp. 
- Marvin Sackner, Ruth Sackner, The Art of Typewriting, pref. John Maeda, forew. Steven Heller, London: Thames & Hudson, 2015, 351 pp. A selection of works from the Sackner Archive of Visual and Concrete Poetry by 200+ artists. Publisher.
- Lori Emerson's posts on typewriter art
- Writing Technologies: A Miscellany of Typospherical Excavations, blog.
- Andrew Belsey, "Bob Neill is Alive and Well: A Brief History of Typewriter Art", 12 November 2002.
- John Pitt, "Typewriter art", All About Lettering blog, 27 Dec 2011.
- Alexis C. Madrigal, "The Lost Ancestors of ASCII Art: People will make art with any technology", The Atlantic, 30 January 2014.
- Publications on typewriter at Monoskop Log
- On the history of the typewriter
- "Machine à écrire", 
- Story of the Typewriter, 1873-1923, New York: Herkimer County Historical Society, 1923.
- Friedrich A. Kittler, Gramophone, Film, Typewriter, , trans. Geoffrey Winthrop-Young and Michael Wutz, Stanford University Press, 1999, 315 pp.
- Darren Wershler-Henry, The Iron Whim: A Fragmented History of Typewriting, Toronto: McClelland and Stewart, 2005, 331 pp.
- John McMillian, Smoking Typewriters: The Sixties Underground Press and the Rise of Alternative Media in America, Oxford University Press, 2011.
- Juliette Kristensen, Writing Acts: The Rise of Mechanised Writing and The Body of Modernity, 1711-1905, London: Kingston University, 2012. Ph.D. Thesis. Research blog, Abstract.
- Chinese typewriter on Wikipedia