- Julius Nelson, Artyping, Gregg Publishing, 1940; 2nd ed., Baltimore, MD: Artistic Typing Headquarters, 1962; 3rd ed, Baltimore, MD: Artistic Typing Headquarters, 1974.
- Alan Riddell (ed.), Typewriter Art, London: London Magazine Editions, 1975, 157 pp.
- Bob Neill, Book of Typewriter Art (with special computer program), Cornwall: Weavers Press, 1982, 176 pp.
- Barrie Tullett (ed.), Typewriter Art: A Modern Anthology, Laurence King, 2014, 176 pp. 
- Marvin Sackner, Ruth Sackner, The Art of Typewriting, pref. John Maeda, forew. Steven Heller, London: Thames & Hudson, 2015, 351 pp. A selection of works from the Sackner Archive of Visual and Concrete Poetry by 200+ artists. Publisher.
- Lori Emerson's posts on typewriter art
- Writing Technologies: A Miscellany of Typospherical Excavations, blog.
- Andrew Belsey, "Bob Neill is Alive and Well: A Brief History of Typewriter Art", 12 November 2002.
- John Pitt, "Typewriter art", All About Lettering blog, 27 Dec 2011.
- Alexis C. Madrigal, "The Lost Ancestors of ASCII Art: People will make art with any technology", The Atlantic, 30 January 2014.
- Publications on typewriter at Monoskop Log
- On the history of the typewriter
- "Machine à écrire", 
- Story of the Typewriter, 1873-1923, New York: Herkimer County Historical Society, 1923.
- Friedrich A. Kittler, Gramophone, Film, Typewriter, , trans. Geoffrey Winthrop-Young and Michael Wutz, Stanford University Press, 1999, 315 pp.
- Darren Wershler-Henry, The Iron Whim: A Fragmented History of Typewriting, Toronto: McClelland and Stewart, 2005, 331 pp.
- John McMillian, Smoking Typewriters: The Sixties Underground Press and the Rise of Alternative Media in America, Oxford University Press, 2011.
- Juliette Kristensen, Writing Acts: The Rise of Mechanised Writing and The Body of Modernity, 1711-1905, London: Kingston University, 2012. Ph.D. Thesis. Research blog, Abstract.
- Chinese typewriter on Wikipedia
| Artists' cultures
or, sets of techniques and practices bringing together communities of artists, makers and writers
Avant-garde and modernist magazines, Artists' publishing, Graphic design, Photography, Typewriter art, Multimedia environments, Design research, Video activism, Urban practices, Zine culture, Demoscene, VJing, Live cinema, Media labs, Cyberfeminism, Community television, Hacktivism, Art servers, Hackerspaces, CD-ROM art, Circuit bending, Pure Data, Media archives, VVVV, Maker culture, Glitch art, Live coding, Locative media, Libre graphics, Electromagnetism, Surf clubs, DIY biology, Post-digital, Neural aesthetics.