- New Cinema Festival I [aka "Expanded Cinema Survey", "Expanded Cinema Festival"], Film-Makers' Cinematheque, New York, 1-30 Nov 1965.   
- 9 Evenings: Theatre and Engineering, 69th Regiment Armory, New York, 13-23 Oct 1966. Conjured up by Robert Rauschenberg and Billy Klüver.
- X-Screen Festival, Cologne, 1968. Organised by W+B Hein.
- Filmaktion events, Walker Art Gallery, Liverpool, 22-27 Jun 1973.  
- Projected Images exhibition, Walker Art Center, Minneapolis, 21 Sep-3 Nov 1974. Works by Peter Campus, Rockne Krebs, Paul Sharits, Michael Snow, Ted Victoria, Robert Whitman. 46pp catalogue published.
- Festival of Expanded Cinema, Institute of Contemporary Art, London, 4-11 Jan 1976. Catalogue ed. Deke Dusinberre.
- Expanded Cinema season at Arnolfini gallery, Bristol, 1-10 Apr 1976. Works by Marilyn Halford, Ron Hazelden, Jeff Keen, William Raban, Tony Sinden.
- Video Art: Expanded Forms, Whitney Museum of American Art at Equitable Center, 1988. Curated by John G. Hanhardt. 8pp catalogue published. Curator's essay in Leonardo (1990).
- Into the Light: The Projected Image in American Art 1964-77, Whitney Museum, New York, 18 Oct 2001-6 Jan 2002. Curated by Chrissie Iles. 183pp catalogue published. Curator's essay. Reviews: Kimmelman (NYT), Wilson (Frieze).
- X-Screen exhibition, Mumok, Vienna, 2004. Review: Webber (Frieze).
- Expanded Cinema: Film as Spectacle, Event and Performance, Dortmund, 2004. Featuring 32 artists.
- Expanded Cinema: Space / Time / Structure symposium, WKV, Stuttgart, 7-10 Dec 2006. Curated by Mark Webber. Featured 30 works by 20 artists. 
- The Live Record conference, BFI Southbank, London, 6 Dec 2008. Brochure.
- Expanded Cinema: Activating the Space of Reception conference, Tate Modern, London, 17-19 Apr 2009. Video recordings. Audio recordings.
- Never Twice: Live Expanded Cinema Performance exhibition, Microscope Gallery, New York, 2015. Video discussion
| Artists' cultures
or, sets of techniques and practices bringing together communities of artists, makers and writers
Avant-garde and modernist magazines, Artists' publishing, Graphic design, Photography, Typewriter art, Multimedia environments, Design research, Video activism, Urban practices, Zine culture, Demoscene, VJing, Live cinema, Media labs, Cyberfeminism, Community television, Hacktivism, Art servers, Hackerspaces, CD-ROM art, Circuit bending, Pure Data, Media archives, VVVV, Maker culture, Glitch art, Live coding, Locative media, Libre graphics, Electromagnetism, Surf clubs, DIY biology, Post-digital, Neural aesthetics.