Jump to navigation Jump to search
Revision as of 21:26, 3 March 2016 by Dusan (Created page with "==Events== * ''New Cinema Festival I'' [aka "Expanded Cinema Survey", "Expanded Cinema Festival"], Film-Makers' Cinematheque, New York, 1-30 Nov 1965. [http://www.warholstars....")
- New Cinema Festival I [aka "Expanded Cinema Survey", "Expanded Cinema Festival"], Film-Makers' Cinematheque, New York, 1-30 Nov 1965.   
- 9 Evenings: Theatre and Engineering, 69th Regiment Armory, New York, 13-23 Oct 1966. Conjured up by Robert Rauschenberg and Billy Klüver.
- X-Screen Festival, Cologne, 1968. Organised by W+B Hein.
- Filmaktion events, Walker Art Gallery, Liverpool, 22-27 Jun 1973.  
- Projected Images exhibition, Walker Art Center, Minneapolis, 21 Sep-3 Nov 1974. Works by Peter Campus, Rockne Krebs, Paul Sharits, Michael Snow, Ted Victoria, Robert Whitman. 46pp catalogue published.
- Festival of Expanded Cinema, Institute of Contemporary Art, London, 4-11 Jan 1976. Catalogue ed. Deke Dusinberre.
- Expanded Cinema season at Arnolfini gallery, Bristol, 1-10 Apr 1976. Works by Marilyn Halford, Ron Hazelden, Jeff Keen, William Raban, Tony Sinden.
- Video Art: Expanded Forms, Whitney Museum of American Art at Equitable Center, 1988. Curated by John G. Hanhardt. 8pp catalogue published. Curator's essay in Leonardo (1990).
- Into the Light: The Projected Image in American Art 1964-77, Whitney Museum, New York, 18 Oct 2001-6 Jan 2002. Curated by Chrissie Iles. 183pp catalogue published. Curator's essay. Reviews: Kimmelman (NYT), Wilson (Frieze).
- X-Screen exhibition, Mumok, Vienna, 2004. Review: Webber (Frieze).
- Expanded Cinema: Film as Spectacle, Event and Performance, Dortmund, 2004. Featuring 32 artists.
- Expanded Cinema: Space / Time / Structure symposium, WKV, Stuttgart, 7-10 Dec 2006. Curated by Mark Webber. Featured 30 works by 20 artists. 
- The Live Record conference, BFI Southbank, London, 6 Dec 2008. Brochure.
- Expanded Cinema: Activating the Space of Reception conference, Tate Modern, London, 17-19 Apr 2009. Video recordings. Audio recordings.
- Never Twice: Live Expanded Cinema Performance exhibition, Microscope Gallery, New York, 2015. Video discussion