personal data, digital identity, surveillance, data retention, CCTV, biometrics, RFID, Big Brother, net neutrality.
- The Intercept, a platform to report on the documents previously provided by NSA whistleblower Edward Snowden. Publication of First Look Media, created by Glenn Greenwald, Laura Poitras, and Jeremy Scahill.
- Global Surveillance Monitor, in-depth reports on the current state of privacy in 195 countries around the world.
- Wikileaks: The Spy Files, thousands of pages and other materials exposing the global mass surveillance industry.
- Biononymous.me, a hub for community research into biological privacy.
- Nervous Systems: Quantified Life and the Social Question, HKW Berlin, Mar-May 2016. Curated by Stephanie Hankey and Marek Tuszynski (Tactical Technology Collective) and Anselm Franke.
| Artists' cultures
or, sets of techniques and practices bringing together communities of artists, makers and writers
Avant-garde and modernist magazines, Artists' publishing, Graphic design, Photography, Typewriter art, Multimedia environments, Design research, Video activism, Urban practices, Zine culture, Demoscene, VJing, Live cinema, Media labs, Cyberfeminism, Community television, Hacktivism, Art servers, Hackerspaces, CD-ROM art, Circuit bending, Pure Data, Media archives, VVVV, Maker culture, Glitch art, Live coding, Locative media, Libre graphics, Electromagnetism, Surf clubs, DIY biology, Post-digital, Neural aesthetics.