Paul Virilio (1932-2018) was a French cultural theorist, urbanist, and "philosopher of speed". He is best known for his writings about technology as it has developed in relation to speed and power, with diverse references to architecture, the arts, the city and the military.
- Defense populaire et Luttes ecologiques, Paris: Galilee, Paris, 1978.
- Popular Defense & Ecological Struggles, trans. Mark Polizzotti, New York: Semiotext(e), 1990, ARG. (English)
- War and Cinema: The Logistics of Perception, London: Verso, 1989, ARG. (English)
- A Landscape of Events, Cambridge: MIT Press, 2000, ARG. (English)
- La Procedure Silence, Paris: Galilee, 2000.
- Art and Fear, London: Continuum, 2003, ARG. (English)