- Art Servers Unlimited, 1998 and 2001
- Are You Being Served?, 14th edition of the meeting days Verbindingen/Jonctions, dedicated to a Feminist review of mesh, cloud, autonomous, and DIY servers. Held in Brussels, 12-15 Dec 2013.
Servus, http://servus.at, Linz, since 1996
virtual and physical access for artists and cultural producers
Staff: Uschi Reiter, Didi Kressnig, Peter Wagenhuber
Funded by Bundeskanzleramt Kunst, Kulturland Oberosterreich, Stadt Linz, Speed Web
(Public) Netbase, 1994 - 2006, http://t0.or.at
Okno, okno.all2all.org, Brussels
Hosts: okno.be, so-on.be, lahaag.org
node9.org, independent media storage and streaming server, http://node9.org
Services: web hosting, streaming, audio and video archive
Hosts: lemurie.cz, visions.cz, culturetransfer.org, 33-3.org, michalrataj.com, srnka.cz, lostpostservice.net, skupina.net, auvid.net, oknea.net, obmea.net, jlbjlt.net, and others
Admin: Michal Klodner
- Kein.org, *1997 . "KEIN.ORG has a strong commitment to the open source content management system drupal which we started to install for the first time in early 2003. By now we serve more than 150 installations in several independent farms. Among the most popular sites are Dictionary of War, Makeworld, the multi-user blog ROUNDTABLE of the Research Architecture Institute at Goldsmiths College, the peer-to-peer video syndication network V2V, the internet platform D-A-S-H, and most lately the Nettime-l mailinglist. As of 2008, KEIN.ORG ran eleven servers situated at various locations in Europe and beyond, hosting more than 500 websites, about 200 content management systems and countless mailinglists from 5 to 5000 subscribers, as well as numerous email-accounts." 
- D-A-S-H, 2001-2005. KEIN.ORG has served as a laboratory for the development of D-A-S-H, a large scale hosting project on european level. After the end of the funding period for D-A-S-H in summer 2005 KEIN.ORG has resumed the entire service and support program with hosting of the websites of hundreds of antiracist and antifascist activist groups all across Europe. 
Internet hosting for activists, artists, individuals and small businesses supporting our idea.
Desk.org, desk.org, *1995
for NGOs, software developers, open source projects
Ephex, ephex.factory.sk - went down in 2003(?), most domains transferred to Xena, Bratislava
Hosted: koridor.sk and many others
Admin: Wired (not a magazine with same name:)
- GreenNet, commercial, http://www.gn.apc.org/services/web-hosting
- Anne Laforet, Marloes de Valk, Madeleine Aktypi, An Mertens, Femke Snelting, Michaela Lakova, Reni Höfmuller (eds.), Are You Being Served? (Notebooks), Brussels: Constant, 2014.
movements and cultures
Internet of things,
| Artists' cultures
or, sets of techniques and practices bringing together communities of artists, makers and writers
Avant-garde and modernist magazines, Artists' publishing, Graphic design, Photography, Typewriter art, Multimedia environments, Design research, Video activism, Urban practices, Zine culture, Demoscene, VJing, Live cinema, Media labs, Cyberfeminism, Community television, Hacktivism, Art servers, Hackerspaces, CD-ROM art, Circuit bending, Pure Data, Media archives, VVVV, Maker culture, Glitch art, 3D printing, Live coding, Locative media, Libre graphics, Electromagnetism, Surf clubs, DIY biology, Post-digital, Neural aesthetics.